Hi! Its Muhammad. I am currently a rising senior at Queens College, NY studying Economics and Computer Science. On this page you can read more about my work experience and if you like a copy of my resume feel free to email me.
Software Engineering Intern @ The City University of New York (CUNY) 06/2018 - 06/2019
- While working for
CUNYI worked on several tasks such as maintaing
djangoweb application, writing
- As intern I developed new features in our
djangoweb application that ran on raspberry pi. It was used to visualize electricity usage throughout the
- I also wrote unittests for the webapp and developed automation scripts which was used to backup database.
- While maintaining
djangoapplication I also supported energy analysts by writing
VBAscripts that automated the process of energy reporting.
- While this was my first internship I was able to gain new skills such as working with
Software Engineering Intern @ JPMorgan Chase & Co (JPMC) 06/2019 - 08/2019
- During my time at
JPMCI took over several tasks such as adding new features to an existing application and Deployment of
- As intern I worked on adding new features to an existing search engine application that was used to index production issues. The application stack was based on
Angular for frontendand
- I also deployed machine learning models on
Kuberenetesthat tagged production issues in the
- I also wrote a simple feature that sent out deployment email notifications.
- During my time as intern I also volunteered on different projects such as doing
explanatory data analysisof production issues for the upper management to help them understand the most occuring issues in the production environment.
- While working as an intern I also got involved in different developer communties at
Innovation Intern @ HSBC Holdings plc 01/2020 - 06/2020
HSBCI worked as an
Financial Crime Riskteam where I supported several projects.
- While working as an intern at
HSBC. I developed a
text classification model,wrote a
news scraper tooland
- As an intern I wrote a multi-label text classification model that classified news articles into different risk categories. I was able to achieve to atleast 50% accuracy since we had limited data.
- I also developed a
flaskbased web application that allowed to query custom news feed which catered auditors need and it also provided with articles and their summaries.
- I also developed a feature that allowed auditors to export custom newsfeed with article summaries into
csvfile for further data analysis.
news scraper toolalso provided with news publications from different regulators such as
FEDand etc into a
- Lastly I developed RPA solution that performed
accountreconciliation. This was a huge thing since it was able to save the time as process was done manually taking atleast 3 days.
- While working at
HSBCI was able to gain knowledge about machine learning and how auditing worked especially within financial crime risk space.
My skills include,
HTML & CSS
- Working with Databases such as
- A little bit of
- I constantly try to learn new skills
Lastly this was my work experience, Furthermore, In my free time I usually spend my time reading blogs/articles and tech related internet discussions. I also contribute to opensource such as improving the documentation or working on issues and creating new resources for beginners.
Most of my projects are available on GitHub. You can view here GITHUB LINK