Hi! Its Muhammad. I am recent graduate from Queens College,where I studied Economics and Computer Science. On this page you can read more about my work experience and if you like a copy of my resume feel free to email me.
Professional Services Consultant (Application Developer) @ Amazon Web Services 06/2022 - 07/2023
- Migrated Cloudformation resources onto Cloudformation Registry using Java, enabling seamless 3rd party integration with Cloudformation.
- Significantly contributed to the successful migration of high-volume AWS resources including
AWS::IAM::InstanceProfile, which are currently utilized by millions of customers.
- Streamlined project documentation, reducing onboarding time from 3 months to just 1 month, enabling faster developer onboarding and project ramp-up.
- Implemented automation scripts that significantly reduced deployment efforts, automated tedious tasks, and streamlined the deployment process, resulting in a notable decrease in manual effort.
- Leveraged Jupyter notebooks to streamline deployment troubleshooting and gather valuable insights into production resources.
- Successfully led a team of six developers as a tenured consultant on the project, overseeing the seamless migration of CloudFormation resources onto CloudFormation Registry.
- Apart from my customer work, I also mentored new hires on the team, enabling them to quickly ramp up their skills and contribute effectively to different customer projects.
Note: It’s the same role but different specialization
Professional Services Consultant (DevOps Consultant) @ Amazon Web Services 06/2021 - 06/2022
- Collaborated with an external customer to rewrite AWS CDK constructs from
CDKConstructs to other languages, including
Java, making it easier for the customer to use AWS CDK. Specifically, I rewrote the custom AWS RDS python construct in
TypeScript, and then used
JSIIto convert it to
C#, significantly reducing deployment times for the customer’s DBA teams from weeks to minutes.
- Also wrote different CDK Constructs, For instance ALB+ECS Construct helping customer deploy applications on ECS behing an ALB.
- Implemented CICD pipelines for the customer, reducing manual deployment efforts and streamlining the deployment process and also developed a Github Actions Template repository helping developers to setup their own CI/CD when deploying applications
- Also Led Weekly Team meetings increasing team engagement while working remotely
Professional Services Intern @ Amazon Web Services 06/2020 - 08/2020
During my time as intern at
AWS, I worked on the following:
- Collaborated with an external customer to write Cloudformation templates, enabling them to provision their infrastructure through IaC while minimizing manual effort and saving them time.
- Led the development of a proof-of-concept internal communication handbook using VueJS as the primary developed.
- Assisted my team in calculating migration costs for an external customer.
Innovation Intern @ HSBC Holdings plc 01/2020 - 06/2020
HSBCI worked as an
Financial Crime Riskteam where I supported several projects.
- While working as an intern at
HSBC. I developed a
text classification model,wrote a
news scraper tooland
- As an intern I wrote a multi-label text classification model that classified news articles into different risk categories. I was able to achieve to atleast 50% accuracy since we had limited data.
- I also developed a
flaskbased web application that allowed to query custom news feed which catered auditors need and it also provided with articles and their summaries.
- I also developed a feature that allowed auditors to export custom newsfeed with article summaries into
csvfile for further data analysis.
news scraper toolalso provided with news publications from different regulators such as
FEDand etc into a
- Lastly I developed RPA solution that performed
accountreconciliation. This was a huge thing since it was able to save the time as process was done manually taking atleast 3 days.
- While working at
HSBCI was able to gain knowledge about machine learning and how auditing worked especially within financial crime risk space.
Software Engineering Intern @ JPMorgan Chase & Co (JPMC) 06/2019 - 08/2019
- During my time at
JPMCI took over several tasks such as adding new features to an existing application and Deployment of
- As intern I worked on adding new features to an existing search engine application that was used to index production issues. The application stack was based on
Angular for frontendand
- I also deployed machine learning models on
Kubernetesthat tagged production issues in the
- I also wrote a simple feature that sent out deployment email notifications.
- During my time as intern I also volunteered on different projects such as doing
explanatory data analysisof production issues for the upper management to help them understand the most occurring issues in the production environment.
- While working as an intern I also got involved in different developer communities at
Software Engineering Intern @ The City University of New York (CUNY) 06/2018 - 06/2019
- While working for
CUNYI worked on several tasks such as maintaing
djangoweb application, writing
- As intern I developed new features in our
djangoweb application that ran on raspberry pi. It was used to visualize electricity usage throughout the
- I also wrote unittests for the webapp and developed automation scripts which was used to backup database.
- While maintaining
djangoapplication I also supported energy analysts by writing
VBAscripts that automated the process of energy reporting.
- While this was my first internship I was able to gain new skills such as working with
My skills include,
HTML & CSS
- Working with Databases such as
- A little bit of
- I constantly try to learn new skills and hold 3 different AWS Certifications such as AWS Cloud Practitioner, AWS Solutions Architect and AWS Developer Associate
Lastly this was my work experience, Furthermore, In my free time I usually spend my time reading blogs/articles and tech related internet discussions. I also contribute to opensource such as improving the documentation or working on issues and creating new resources for beginners.
Most of my projects are available on GitHub. You can view here GITHUB LINK